Friday 14 March 2008

Outlaws & Bandits - Class Discussion

Following the class on outlaws and bandits on Thursday night, I feel that I had to comment! I found the class quite interesting, but it tended to focus on the older days, with bandits such as Jesse James. As I say, it was a really interesting class, but perhaps it could also have led onto the fact that bandits and outlaws are now mainly referred to as Gangsters.

Maybe the class could have been bought up to the modern day with examples such as the Krays. To me, being the age I am, they have a lot of notoriety. I have heard of them and they are the epitome of bad behaviour! The Krays got up to loads and most of the classes could be centred around them on this module for sure! There was homosexuality, violence, drugs...you name it they did it!

Does anyone else in class agree that the lecture could have included a few more modern day gangsters??!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/702012.stm

No comments: