Sunday 2 March 2008

Masturbation - Class Discussion - Songs about Masturbation

I found our last class about masturbation really interesting and quite funny in places! What made me laugh the most was when we were on our way into class, and I heard another girl innocently asking someone if this was the week where we watched a video!! The other girl commented that she would hope not seen as though the topic of the week was masturbation! The girl went really red which probably didn't bode well considering the topic...she probably burst with embarrassment by the end of it never mind went red!!

Ive just been doing a little reading about masturbation and I've found a really interesting page about women and masturbation. The link is at the bottom of the page should anyone want to have a read. It is also evident that masturbation is not such a taboo topic nowadays - I should imagine that the large selection of toys and equipment available at Ann Summers has changed peoples views and bought it more into the public domain, especially with most of the Ann Summers shops being on the High Street.
Another good part of the class was when we were asked to try to think up songs relating to masturbation. I myself must have led a sheltered life, or must totally miss the point when listening to music, as I didn't believe such songs existed! I have had a look on the Internet and here is a list of all of the songs about masturbation that I could find:
Orgasm Addict - Buzzcocks

Do it one time for me - The Reverend Horton Heat

Dancin' with myself - Billy Idol

Blister in the sun - The Violent Femmes

Darling Nikki - Prince

Talk to me dad - Stephen Lynch

Teenage Kicks - Undertones

Longview - Greenday

Praying Hands - Devo

Holiday Song - The Pixies

She Bop - Cyndi Lauper

Turning Japanese - The Vapors

Vibrator Dependant - Mojo Nixon & Skid Roper

Icicle - Tori Amos

My Ding a Ling - Chuck Berry

When I think about you I touch myself - The Divinyls

Every day I die - Tubway Army

Rosie - Jackson Browne

Together on the sand - Nofx

Oops - Tweet

Lovin' every minute of it - Loverboy

Jerk it out - The Caesars

In every dream home a heartache - Bryan Ferry

Pictures of Lily - The Who

Pump it up - Elvis Costello

Spank Thru - Fecal Matter

Touch of my hand - Britney Spears

Twisted transistor - Korn

U & Ur hand - Pink

Relax - Frankie goes to Hollywood

Wow, I can get sexual too - Say anything

You're makin' me high - Toni Braxton

The perfect kiss - New Order

Strokin' - Clarence Carter

Close to me - The Cure

Masturbation Generation - Boys next door

St. Swithin's day - BIlly Bragg

Be my girl (Sally) - Police

I really couldn't believe there were so many songs listed!! This is the definitive list. I don't think there are any more, although I'm sure someone will prove me wrong!

Here's that link for you......Happy reading!

No comments: